Canada PR status portal is fully operational – July 15, 2021. The PR status portal is a secure and fully digital platform to confirm your Canada PR status without an in-person interview.
Permanent residents (PRs) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD):
- when boarding a flight to Canada, or
- travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier
Why Canada PR status portal is important
It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside Canada.
If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.
You must also apply for a new PR card when your current card expires. If your PR card expires, it does not mean you have lost permanent resident status.
Read the government of Canada’s Understanding Canadian permanent resident (PR) status.
IRCC tweet about Canada PR status portal
You can now confirm your permanent resident status through a new and secure online portal without an in-person interview.— IRCC (@CitImmCanada) July 13, 2021
Find out more about the portal: https://t.co/MYB3ahcFGu pic.twitter.com/SppEWyHG1H
What you can do in Canada PR status portal
Through Canada PR status portal, Canadian permanent residents can
- declare they are in Canada
- confirm their address
- submit a recent photo to make their Canada PR card
- access their proof of permanent resident (PR) status
- share personal information safely and securely with Immigration, Refuges and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
As the principal applicant, you’ll access and act in the portal on behalf of
- your minor dependants (under 18 at the time you applied for permanent residence) and
- any other dependants you choose (over 18 at the time you applied)
IRCC creates profiles for them in the portal under your account. If you’re not acting on their behalf, each member of your family will have their own username and password.
Canada PR status portal is separate from your IRCC secure account. There’s no information about your applications on the portal, and you can’t check your applications status.
How Canada PR status portal works
Once IRCC approves your PR application, IRCC will
- send you an invitation to confirm
- if you want to use the portal
- your email address
- all email addresses for each person on your application
- create an account for you (you can’t create one yourself)
- send another email, after you confirm the above. This second email has a link to the portal. It also has instructions on how to sign in with your username and a temporary password
After you receive that second email from IRCC, you can
- sign in for the first time and create your own password
- confirm you are in Canada
- provide an updated home or postal address
- upload your photo (this must be a digital or scanned photo, not a picture of a paper photo taken with a camera or phone)
Once IRCC reviews and accepts the photo you submit it will show in the portal and you should get your PR card within one week.
You will receive your PR card in the mailing address in Canada that you gave in your application. You can check to see if IRCC accepted your photo through the portal.
Uploading and submitting photos to Canada PR status portal
If IRCC rejects and returns your photo, you can resubmit a new photo into the portal. Make sure the new photo meets all the photo requirements listed in the portal before you upload it.
Reasons your photo may be returned
- photos are too dark
- facial features not visible
- glare on photo
- other reasons – see IRCC photo requirements for details
To submit a photo
- upload a photo – it can be
- a professional digital photo in JPEG or PNG format
- a scanned professional photo. Don’t take a picture of a paper photo with your digital camera or phone
- a selfie
- you can replace your photo with another photo up until when you submit it
- you don’t have to delete the previous photo to upload a new one. The new photo automatically replaces the previous photo.
- press “submit” (once you do this, it can no longer be changed)
An immigration representative (also known as an immigration consultant or lawyer) can give you advice and help you with the portal for a fee. But they cannot
- sign into the portal using your username and password
- declare that you’re in Canada for you
Other important information about Canada PR status portal
- If there are any issues with the PR card process, IRCC will contact you directly
- Remember to check your junk mail or spam folder to see if a message from IRCC is there
- If you can’t access the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact IRCC’s email address in your invitation
- You cannot renew your PR card through the portal. Find out how to renew your PR card.
Help for technical issues on Canada PR status portal
Reset a password
IRCC will send you a temporary password valid for 14 days to your email address. If this password expires, or you forget a password, you can reset it through the link in the portal.
Supported browsers and devices
You can access the portal using
- Firefox or
It works on mobile devices and desktop/PC.
Canada PR status portal system briefly needs access to your photo library so you can select the photo you want to upload to the portal. This access won’t give IRCC the ability to go through your photo library, or access it for any other purpose.