What is Canada Super Visa?
- 1.1 What is the difference between multiple entry visitor visa and Super Visa?
- 1.2 Eligibility for Canada Super Visa
- 1.3 Financial support (proof of funds)
- 1.4 Other IRCC Super Visa conditions
- 1.5 Applying for a Super Visa
- 1.6 You need to give your biometrics
- 1.7 Apply online
- 1.8 Apply on paper
What is Canada Super Visa?
Canada Super Visa is a long-term, multiple-entry visa for parents and grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens. The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (Super Visa) is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents to stay for up to 2 years in Canada per visit. It is the most popular program to sponsor parents Canada.
Canada Super Visa is valid for up to 10 years. Super Visa processing time is 8 weeks. Whether approved or not applicants are informed within 8 weeks.
What is the difference between multiple entry visitor visa and Super Visa?
Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee. The key difference between regular multi-entry visitor visa Canada for parents and Super Visa is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada without obtaining an extension. A 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.
It should be noted that holders of a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa have the rights and restrictions of a regular tourist visa holder, and as such cannot work or study while they are in Canada.
Eligibility for Canada Super Visa
The super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to two years at a time. If you want to stay for six months or less, apply for a visitor visa.
To be eligible for the super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- have a signed letter from the child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
- a promise of financial support for the duration of your visit
- the list and number of people in the household of this person
- a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
- have parents super visa insurance from a CANADIAN insurance company that is:
- valid for at least one year from the date of entry
- at least $100,000 for minimum coverage
- have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
You must also:
- be allowed to enter Canada
- take an immigration medical exam
- meet certain other conditions
NOTE: You can not include dependants in this application.
Super Visa Medical Insurance Requirements
Along with the application for Super Visa, applicants must submit proof that they have purchased Canadian medical insurance for their parents and grandparents visiting Canada. Super visa insurance monthly must meet the following requirements:
■ is valid for a minimum period of one year;
■ provides a minimum of $100,000 in coverage;
■ covers the applicant for health care, hospitalization and repatriation
■ is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer.
Here are some resource for offer Canada Super Visa insurance quotes:
Feel free to search online for cheap Super Visa insurance with search engines like Google or Yahoo.
Financial support (proof of funds)
The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
- Employment Insurance stubs
- employment letter including salary and date of hiring
- pay stubs
- bank statements
Other IRCC Super Visa conditions
IRCC considers several additional things before to issue a super visa to come Canada. This is to ensure that an applicant is a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of their visit.
IRCC looks at these things when you apply:
- your ties to your home country
- the purpose of your visit
- your family and finances
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country
Applying for a Super Visa
You can apply online or on paper to get a super visa. You must send all the documents to support your application. To apply for a super visa, follow the steps below. Complete and submit the requested documents to prove your eligibility.
You need to give your biometrics
Applying online saves you time and you can get updates online!
- No courier fees or mail delivery time – IRCC gets your application instantly.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If IRCC needs to ask for more documents, you can quickly submit them online.
- You don’t need to submit your passport until IRCC asks for it.
- Get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Ready to get apply for Super Visa online?
Apply on paper
Read the Instruction Guide [IMM 5256] to get all the details to apply on paper. For a super visa, you need to use the visitor visa guide and application form.