Immigration and Citizenship

Teaching/Research Assistant experience during PhD – please offer any thoughts :)

Posting this on behalf of a friend:

I have completed my 4 year long PhD degree from USA. During the 4 years, I had worked as a Teaching assistant, Research assistant, and a Graduate Part Time Instructor. Do any of you know if I can use this experience towards qualifying work experience for FSW since I was still doing my PhD at that time?

I came across a CIC article which says “You may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs.”

For CEC, the article explicitly mentions that being enrolled as a student disqualifies the experience, however there is no such clause for FSW.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge with experience while doing their PhD?

Any advice/insight/thought is highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

To see answers, post questions or comments on this post, go directly to the origin topic by clicking Forum

Need Immigration Help? Use the Form below to contact us: