Immigration and Citizenship

Question about work permit in conjunction with family class application

I am a bit confused about the work permit in conjunction with the family class application and hope someone can help clear things up. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I sent my family class application and the application to change conditions/extend my stay/remain in Canada as a worker, but it was sent the latter back due to insufficient processing fees. I would like to double check that I am picking the correct option and paying the correct amount.

First off, what do I pick for question #3?:

I am applying for one or more of the following:

  • a work permit with the same employer;
  • restoration of your status as a worker;
  • an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer;
  • temporary resident permit.

I picked “an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer” but I’m not sure if that’s the correct choice as I have a Post Graduate Work Permit (open work permit) that expires at the end of December.

I initially paid $155 for “Work permit (including extensions) – per person” but was told it is insufficient. The only option that is clear is the restoration option, which is $355 (restore status $200; new work permit $155).

So, if I picked the correct option for question #3, do I add the $100 “Open permit holder” option on top of the $155 I already paid? If I didn’t pick the correct option, what is the correct choice and fee?

Thank you again! :)

To see answers, post questions or comments on this post, go directly to the origin topic by clicking Forum

Need Immigration Help? Use the Form below to contact us. (Pls NOTE that we do not provide free services. We will be glad to discuss our fees with you)