The province of Quebec, Canada, conducted its largest draw of 2020 on September 24, issuing 365 invitations through its Arrima Expression of Interest system. Quebec Immigration Programs literally grounded to a halt in 2020 as the province struggled with the coronavirus pandemic. The September 24 draw is the only draw draw since the June 18, when only seven invitations were issued. Prior to that, the only Expression of Interest draw was on January 16 when only 23 invitations were issued.
Quebec Expression Of Interest Draws 2020
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|24-Sep-20||365||September 22, 2020 at 6.30am|
|18-Jun-20||7||June 12, 2020 at 6.30am|
|16-Jan-20||23||January 16, 2020 at 6.30am|
Quebec Immigration Programs Overview
The province of Quebec administers its own immigration programs and the selection criteria are distinct from those of federal and other provincial immigration programs.
Why choose Québec?
Because immigrants to Québec find good job opportunities and one of the best qualities of life in the world—both in urban centres and outlying regions. Because in Québec you can achieve your goals, push your limits and expand your horizons. Because Québec allows you to lead a full life. It’s as simple as that!Immigrating to Quebec to work
Candidates must undergo a two-step immigration process:
1. Candidate must be selected by the Ministère de l’immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI), Quebec’s immigration authority.
Applicants selected by MIDI will receive a Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ). A CSQ is valid for 24 months or until a decision has been rendered by the Immigration, Refugees and citizenship Canada (IRCC) with respect to the permanent resident visa application.
Currently, candidates who want to settle in Quebec can apply for a CSQ in one of the following categories:
The CSQ merely attests to the fact that the candidate has been selected by the province. It is not a visa, so it cannot be utilized to enter into Canada.
NOTE: If you are a foreign student, Québec graduate or skilled temporary foreign worker employed in Québec, and you wish to settle in Québec permanently, you can apply under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec experience program). It makes permanent immigration to Quebec quick and easy.
2. An approved CSQ holder must file a permanent residence application with IRCC within 24 months since the date the CSQ was issued.
The federal government’s role in evaluating a Quebec application for permanent residence is mainly limited to issues of health and criminality. The candidate must submit an application for PR with IRCC and provide police certificates and medical exams.
How Quebec Expression of Interest works
Anyone wishing to immigrate to Québec under the Regular Skilled Worker Program must go through the Arrima portal. The Arrima immigration application management system is based on an expression of interest and follows a three-step process:
- First, you must complete an expression of interest form online. You will need to enter certain information, such as your education, language skills, and work experience.
- The Ministère reviews the bank of expressions of interest and issues invitations to applicants who meet certain criteria, based on labour market needs in the different regions of Québec. Those individuals can submit a permanent selection application (official immigration application) and pay the associated fees.
- Applications will be evaluated using the selection grid in effect.
Your 7-step procedure to immigrate to Quebec
- Find out about Québec
Are you interested in living in Québec? Getting informed is a simple and inexpensive way to determine if your immigration project is feasible.
- Know the conditions of the Regular Skilled Worker Program and find out about the immigration process.
- Submit an application for permanent immigration
To apply to immigrate, you first must submit an expression of interest through Arrima portal. You can complete and update your expression of interest form at any time, free of charge.
Those who have submitted an expression of interest and whose profiles meet Québec’s needs are invited by Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration to apply for permanent selection. If you receive an invitation and wish to continue with the process, you must apply for permanent selection and send the Ministère the supporting documents required to process your application
- Submit an application for permanent residence to the Government of Canada.
- Prepare before your departure for Québec.
You will soon discover new horizons in Québec, where you have decided to settle. Take advantage of the waiting period for your permanent residence visa to prepare yourself well and take certain steps while you are still abroad. This will ease your integration in Québec after your arrival.
- Proceed to Québec’s reception service at the Montréal airport
You have arrived at your destination! Consult this section for an overview of entrance reception formalities.
- Continue taking steps to successfully integrate into Québec
To make your integration process as smooth as possible, find out about the first steps to follow when you arrive in Québec as well as the services offered by the government and its partner organizations to facilitate your integration.