Canadian Families and Corrections Network has created a resource to explain the parole process for those who are incarcerated and for those who support them. Contents include:
- What is parole?
- What is parole eligibility?
- How does an inside person apply for parole?
- How can I help an inside person prepare for parole?
- Types of hearings
- Who can attend the parole hearing?
- About victims and parole hearings
- The parole hearing
- How does the Parole Board make their decision?
- What happens when an inside person is granted or denied parole?
There are also lists of contacts, resources, forms, and videos.