OINP invites over 1000 candidates with work experience in 10 occupations
More than 1,000 federal Express Entry candidates with work experience in 10 occupations were issued Notifications of Interest (NOI) in a targeted draw through Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)’s Human Capital Priorities Stream held May 31. Registered nurses, business consultants and accountants among the occupations targeted by the draw.
The 10 targeted occupations were:
- NOC 0114: Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0601: Corporate Sales Managers
- NOC 1122: Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 0124: Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0621: Retail and wholesale trade managers
- NOC 1111: Financial auditors and accountants
- NOC 3012: Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 0111: Financial managers
- NOC 1114: Other financial officers
- NOC 0651: Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
This was the first time the OINP has targeted this specific list of occupations. It has in the past targeted IT occupations. The flexibility allows the OINP to adapt the Human Capital Priorities Stream to its labour market and economic development priorities, and to be more responsive to employer needs.
Ontario is home to both Canada’s capital city, Ottawa, and the country’s largest city, Toronto, and is a popular destination for new permanent residents. Canadian provinces and territories like Ontario have provincial nominee programs that the can use to nominate candidates for Canada permanent residence based on their unique labour market needs.
A total of 1,072 Express Entry candidates were invited to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence with the required work experience and Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores ranging from 439 to 469, among other criteria.
A candidate must first enter the federal Express Entry pool. Under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)’s Human Capital Priorities Stream, the province searches the federal Express Entry candidates pool for candidates who meet the stream’s federal and provincial eligibility criteria and invites them to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence. A provincial nomination results in an Express Entry candidate receiving an additional 600 points towards their Express Entry ranking score, effectively guaranteeing an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence.