In the February 2 OINP draw the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 283 invitations for PR nomination to Express Entry candidates who chose to reside in the province to apply for Canadian permanent residence. Invitations were issued to Express Entry candidates, who had scores of at least 466 to 467 on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
To be invited for the February 2 OINP draw, candidates must have expressed an interest in immigrating permanently to the province of Ontario, must have submitted federal Express Entry profiles between February 2, 2020 and February 2, 2021, and must have at least one year of work experience in one of the following 10 occupations:
- Banking, credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122);
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124);
- Other business services managers (NOC 0125);
- Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601);
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111);
- Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112);
- Human resources professionals (NOC 1121);
- Professional occupations in business management consulting (NOC 1122);
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012); and
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163).
The 283 candidates have been invited to apply for nomination by Ontario for consideration in the federal Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. If nominated they are guaranteed to be eligible for Canadian permanent residence.
Candidates who have created a profile in the federal Express Entry system AND have also applied for and received a nomination from a OINP, are awarded an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score at the federal level, on top of the points that they have in the federal Express Entry pool. The additional 600 CRS points virtually guarantee that the candidate will also receive an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence under the federal Express Entry system.
OINP Application process
There are three main steps to follow when applying for permanent residence:
1. Make sure you qualify
Once you’ve selected the stream you would like to apply under, make sure you meet all the mandatory requirements for that stream.
2. Apply to be nominated by the Ontario government
Once you’ve chosen your stream, you must apply online, through the OINP e-Filing Portal. It takes between two to three hours to complete the application.
The application cost for:
- the employer job offer and human capital streams is either $1,500 or $2,000
- the business streams is $3,500 per business partner or key staff applicant
We only accept Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard and MasterCard Debit.
Application processing times vary, read application processing times and nominations issued for more information.
3. Apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence
If your application is successful and you are nominated by the Ontario government, the next step is to apply for permanent residence through IRCC.
The Government of Canada makes the final decision on who becomes a permanent resident.
If you have general questions about the OINP:
- Send OINP an email at:
- Call OINP Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
If you have questions about your application for a visa or temporary permit or your application for permanent residence, please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada through their website or by telephone at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only).