Here are duties mention on NOC page and what I do:
2282 User support technicians
Technicians in this unit group provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software. They are employed by computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software developers, in call centres and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors. Technicians in this unit group are also employed by independent technical support companies or they may be self-employed.
User support technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
1) Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
–I do this, First line on support, interacting, analyze over the phone, emails, in person and chat clients.
2) Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions.
–I do this. We usually follow repair guides and manuals by manufacturers. For small repair to motherboard repairs and all.
3) Reproduce, diagnose and resolve technical problems encountered by user.
–I do this, Repair and software related issues all the time.
4) Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
-Provide Advice Yes.
5) Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
–We do companies visits and help them with their devices.
6) Collect, organise and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
–We usually log all work done, put notes and keep it organised.
7) Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
–I Don’t do this.
8) May supervise other technical support workers in this group.
–Yeah During weekend I’m supervising other repair technicians who don’t interact with customers or clients and just to repairs as per my advices.
Is this enough to satisfy visa officer that I belong to this NOC?
For more questions, answers and tips join Canada Immigration Forum REGISTER NOW
Need Immigration Help? Contact us below. ***We respond faster to people who post questions on the Forum. Be sure to post your question in the forum!!
***We respond faster to people who post questions on the Forum. Be sure to make at least one post now!! Join our Immigration Discussion Forum Now: REGISTER for FORUM