IRCC hosting Canada Francophone immigration forum
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is hosting Canada Francophone immigration forum on access to Canada Francophone immigration information and networking opportunities.
About the Canada Francophone immigration forum
The Destination Canada Mobility Forum 2022 will take place
- in Paris, France, and online, from November 17 to 19
- in Rabat, Morocco, and online, from November 22 to 23
- online, from November 28 to 30
The Canada Francophone immigration forum is for Francophone and bilingual candidates who are interested in living and working in French in Canada, outside Quebec.
Participation is free for all candidates, but the number of spots is limited.
Once you register, IRCC will send you an invitation if you’re a bilingual or Francophone candidate who meets at least 1 of the following criteria:
- you already have an Express Entry profile
- you already have a Working Holiday permit through International Experience Canada
- you meet the eligibility requirements for immigration to Canada outside Quebec
- your profile matches the skills and experience Canadian employers are seeking
IRCC will send you more details about your participation in the forum after it confirms your registration.
All registered candidates will have access to the virtual platform for 90 days following Canada Francophone immigration forum to visit the booths, view presentations and videos, and download documents.
What to expect from the Canada Francophone immigration forum
The Canada Francophone immigration forum will connect you with
- representatives from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, who will explain Canada’s immigration procedures
- representatives from Canada’s provinces, territories and Francophone communities, who will share information about their regions, cities, communities and immigration programs
- people who will answer your questions about life in French in Canada (outside Quebec) and services offered to newcomers
- organizations that evaluate your educational credentials and run approved language tests for immigration to Canada
You’ll also be able to attend conferences and workshops that will give you an overview of Canada.
Before you register for Canada Francophone immigration forum
- Work on your resume in French and English using the Canadian format.
- Identify 1 or 2 professions where you have experience. Use the National Occupational Classification and read the job descriptions to find your job title.
- Find out your level of English and French using this online self-assessment tool.
Register for Canada Francophone immigration forum
Are you interested in being part of the next Destination Canada Mobility Forum?
According to IRCC:
Hiring a French-speaking or a bilingual candidate could provide you with a number of advantages.
For example you can:
- serve clients in French and English
- tap into new markets or new international networks
- benefit from support from the Francophone community, such as the Francophone Immigration Networks and the Réseau de développement économique et employabilité (RDÉE) (in French only)
- benefit from up-to-date information on IRCC’s Express Entry from outreach officers located across Canada
If you are hiring temporary workers who do not need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you must submit offers of employment through the Employer Portal. Find out if you need to get an LMIA and how to submit an offer of employment if you do not need one.
Quebec Immigration Programs Overview
The province of Quebec administers its own immigration programs and the selection criteria are distinct from those of federal and other provincial immigration programs.
Both the Province of Quebec and the federal government have committed to increasing immigration targets for the coming years. Canada aims to welcome more than 411,000 immigrants in 2022. Quebec plans to admit 49,500 to 52,500 immigrants in 2022. The province will also admit an additional 18,000 to reach admission levels missed earlier due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that more than 70,000 newcomers arriving in the province of Quebec in 2022.
Why choose Québec?
Because immigrants to Québec find good job opportunities and one of the best qualities of life in the world—both in urban centres and outlying regions. And because in Québec you can achieve your goals, push your limits and expand your horizons. Because Québec allows you to lead a full life. It’s as simple as that!Immigrating to Quebec to work
For more information and step-by-step requirements, visit Quebec Immigration Requirements.