CEC (Canadian Experience Class) Requirements - Canada Immigration Discussion Forum - AfriCanada.com
Find Canada Immigration Lawyer? See List

Canada Immigration Discussion Forum

Did you know that Express Entry Program allows Canada to actively recruit assess and select skilled immigrants under the following federal economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Class; the Federal Skilled Trades Class; and the Canadian Experience Class? Use our Canada immigration discussion forum to get all the information you need.


CEC (Canadian Experience Class) Requirements

The Canadian Experience Class is managed by the Express Entry program. Approximate processing times are currently 6 months once an Invitation to Apply (ITA) is received.  To be eligible to apply, you must meet the program requirements.

Canadian Experience Class requirements:

  • Have obtained at least one year of full-time skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date.  Self-Employment or work experience gained while being a full-time student does not count.
  • The job experience is in  a Managerial job (NOC skill level 0),  Professional job (NOC skill type A), Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
  • Meet the minimum language score of CLB 5 or CLB 7 on the Canadian Language Benchmark, depending on the level of the job
  • Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec (individuals with work experience in Quebec and who plan to reside in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class).

Final Criteria before getting Permanent Residence:

Once selected from the Express entry Pool and awarded with an Invitation to Apply (ITA), candidates and their dependants must also undergo medical examinations and obtain security clearances as part of the Canadian immigration application process.


Valid option for International Students

The Canadian Experience Class offers students with Canadian work experience the fastest and simplest path to achieving permanent residence.

After completing a program or course of study at an eligible Canadian educational institution, international graduates are able to remain in the country and work on post-graduate work permits. Once a graduate obtains at least one year of Canadian work experience in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

For more information visit Canada Government publication at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp.

Please share this to help others:
Need Canada immigration attorney? See List of Lawyers