Canada Express Entry Questions - - Canada Immigration Newsletter
canada express entry questions

Canada Express Entry Questions

These Canada Express Entry Questions are reproduced here for your convenience from IRCC’s official website. Please visit Government of Canada – Express Entry FAQs for more FAQs and information on Express Entry.

See also How You can immigrate to Canada without a job offer.


Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?

No. You may only have one profile at a time. This is set out in Canada’s immigration law.

You may pre-qualify for a Canada immigration program.


Creating more than one profile will not give you a better chance at being invited or allow you to be invited under a different program.

Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Try our free CRS points calculator here Express Entry CRS Points Calculator.

In my online profile or application I am getting validation errors or it tells me that fields are incomplete when they are not. What do I do?

You may want to try using a different Web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome. You should also check your browser’s language settings and make sure it is set to English or French as special characters can cause errors.

If you are still having a problem, try clearing your browser cache. Your browser’s Help section can tell you how to do this. If the problem continues, you can contact us.


See also One of the forms in my International Experience Canada (IEC) profile is marked “In progress”. How do I fix this?

See also ★ Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment to apply under Express Entry?

Not necessarily. But, to get points for your education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, you must either:

You may also need an ECA to meet the requirements of one of the programs included in Express Entry. For example, the Federal Skilled Worker Program requires you to have an ECA.


I have two degrees from outside Canada. Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment for both?

To get the most points possible for your education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, you should get your highest degree, diploma or certificate assessed (PhD, MA, BA).

If you have more than one credential, you may want to get both assessed if it would give you more points.

The online tool said I was eligible for Express Entry, but my completed profile says I’m not. Which one is right?

The online tool asks general questions to see if you may be eligible for one of the programs under Express Entry.

The Express Entry profile asks more specific and detailed questions about your qualifications. It is possible that after you gave more detailed information in your Express Entry profile that you are, in fact, not eligible.


Only a complete Express Entry profile can be used to fully assess if you are eligible.

You may pre-qualify for a Canada immigration program.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38