In the latest BC PNP draw held September 1, 2020, the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) issued 428 invitations to apply to qualified registrants in Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry BC (EEBC) categories, as well as to Entrepreneur Immigration Base and Regional Pilot registrants.
The latest BC PNP draw excluded 31 occupations where a low job demands are expected due to coronavirus pandemic restrictions. Invitations to apply have been suspended for the jobs in tourism, hospitality, retail and personal services since March 30. B.C. believes employment in the sectors is likely to drop 70 percent this year, meaning labour market demand is not high enough to justify bringing in new immigrants.
The minimum scores in the latest BC PNP draw were:
- SI – Skilled Worker: 94
- SI – International Graduate: 98
- SI – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled: 76
- EEBC – Skilled Worker: 94
- EEBC – International Graduate: 98
The following occupations were excluded from the latest BC PNP draw:
- 0621 – Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- 0632 – Accommodation service managers
- 0651 – Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c.
- 3236 – Massage therapists
- 6211 – Retail sales supervisors
- 6311 – Food service supervisors
- 6313 – Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors
- 6321 – Chefs
- 6322 – Cooks
- 6341 – Hairstylists and barbers
- 6421 – Retail salespersons
- 6511 – Maîtres d’hôtel and hosts/hostesses
- 6512 – Bartenders
- 6513 – Food and beverage servers
- 6521 – Travel counsellors
- 6522 – Pursers and flight attendants
- 6523 – Airline ticket and service agents
- 6524 – Ground and water transport ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks
- 6525 – Hotel front desk clerks
- 6531 – Tour and travel guides
- 6532 – Outdoor sport and recreational guides
- 6533 – Casino occupations
- 6562 – Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- 6564 – Other personal service occupations
- 6611 – Cashiers
- 6621 – Service station attendants
- 6711 – Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations
- 6721 – Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services
- 6722 – Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport
- 6731 – Light duty cleaners
The BC provincial government invites the highest scoring registrants in each category to apply to the BC PNP. The BC government then nominates successful applicants to apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence. To find out whether you received an invitation to apply, please log into your BCPNP Online profile.
The Skills Immigration (SI) category is for skilled and semi-skilled workers whose occupations are in high demand in the province of B.C. You must be registered in the B.C.’s Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) to receive SI invitation.
In order to receive an Express Entry BC (EEBC) nomination to the IRCC, you must be registered in both BC SIRS and the federal Express Entry system. Express Entry candidates with a provincial nomination receive an additional 600 CRS points. If their provincial nomination is approved, the invited candidates will be issued an additional 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. The additional points place them in a favorable position to receive a federal Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence in a future IRCC draws.